Re: Progress with a Telinga and some questions

Subject: Re: Progress with a Telinga and some questions
From: "Lindsay Cargill" loxiaguitarista
Date: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:01 pm ((PST))
--- In  "Chris Hails" <>
wrote:
> I posted 3
> recordings of a Crossbill calling from about 20m distance at the
top
> of a 15m pine tree (crossbill1 orig.mp3), about half way into the
> piece comes the aircraft.

Nice recording of Crossbill alarm call ! This is Excitement Call D
(EcD) which in Britain is a Parrot Crossbill. Your bird is giving a
very quick cadence of the
alarm and shows some structural similarities with "Phantom
Crossbill"
( Constantine, 2006), a type of Common Crossbill apparently.

If I heard that on one of my recordings in Deeside, Scotland it
would go down as Parrot. Well done - not many recordings of those in
the public domain from the continent.

Hope to get over to Sweden some time myself to compare Swedebills
with our "Scottish" Parrots.

Ooo I hope this is "on topic" !

Lindsay