Re: microphone stands in the field

Subject: Re: microphone stands in the field
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sun Dec 3, 2006 9:14 am ((PST))
Posted by: "Rich Peet"

> winter songs in the south are often partials and whispers.  Come visit
> us and look me up when you want to capture those birds on breeding
> grounds.  I am at the top of the Miss. Our winter birds are neat too as
> they come down for the warmth.

Sounds that animals make when they are not breeding can be different
from breeding sounds. They are often neglected as it's easier to get the
breeding sounds.

Note also that birds do breed in the South too, including species that
don't breed in the north. With a much longer season when something is
breeding. A bunch of birds calling outside right now. Though probably no
breeding ones. We have both birds that migrated here for the winter from
the north and birds that are always here.

With frogs here, it's a year round breeding season, there were frogs
calling outside last night. We have a lot more species of frogs here
than the north does.