Re: microphone stands in the field

Subject: Re: microphone stands in the field
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Sat Dec 2, 2006 8:02 am ((PST))
Rich, as a professional live sound guy I MUST say that the On Stage
brand you link to is not as good as the K&M or AKG brand - which
actually cost less. K&M has heavier metal bases and better quality
parts. If a newbie is looking fo a regualr mic stand, search around for
K&M and they will last the rest of your life. I'd had to throw away
numerous On Stage stand at various clubs I've worked in, they just
don't hold up. One like the one you link is $64.95 from K&M I think. On
Stage os liuke Behringer in a way.

Mic stand advice: I find it helps a huge amount to use a squirt of
Tri-Flow lub ricant in the threads of every part of a mic stand that
screws or tightens. By lubing the threads, it is easier to get tight
enough to hold its place, and wear less.

<L>

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689