Re: Mini Disc repair

Subject: Re: Mini Disc repair
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sun Nov 5, 2006 10:02 am (PST)
At 10:30 AM -0800 11/4/06, Roy Beckham wrote:
>I have a mini disc (Hi MD) that was brand new and used to make a single
>recording. Upon returning from my holiday the disc now reads as "No
>Track".

Hi Roy--
Your's is the first "disappearance" report I've seen. As you listened
to the recording, I'd consider trouble-shooting it as a disk reading
problem (if magnetic erasure can be eliminated as a possibility).
Make sure the disk is unlocked and try loading it several times.  If
still no luck, try it in other another HiMD deck if you can locate
one nearby. Are you running SonicStage v3.4?

There are no  Hi-MD disc file recovery means that I'm aware of.  You
can mount it on the desktop of your computer as a FAT 32 volume and
see what clues the directory can provide, but you can't get the
recordings from it with without SonicStage. The Hi-MD forum is the
place I go for nitty gritty on Hi-MD:
http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showforum=3D34  If you can't get
it to transfer but you can play it in SS, search "total recorder" in
the forum. Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts