Re: CD Storage disks (yet again)

Subject: Re: CD Storage disks (yet again)
From: ""
Date: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:25 pm (PST)

Dear Oryoki,

Since I am a dumb on technical matters, is a "hard disc" the same as a  "hard
drive'?

Thanks,

john

John V.  Moore Nature Recordings
www.johnvmoorenaturerecordings.com

In a message dated 10/29/2006 5:31:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
 writes:

JVMNATREC wrote:
> Does anyone archive directly to external hard  drives?
> ...Is it better to keep things on many, many CDs or  DVDs?

Each of the many approaches to archiving has its own advantages  and
disadvantages.  I prefer two sets of external hard discs in  addition
to the working copy in my PC.  I keep one external copy in  the house,
and a separate copy away from home.

Any archiving  strategy needs to address four sources of failure: