Re: Making a 'cheap' figure of 8 microphone?

Subject: Re: Making a 'cheap' figure of 8 microphone?
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:32 pm (PDT)
I suspect that would depend on spacing and barrier size.
It may be that my cube mic would work well for this and I will check
it out.  I never have taken one of my four track, cube mic recordings
and tried to do a M/S decode of the channels.  Maybe this is the best
way for me to change the matrix mix from four tracks down to two.  If
it is worse than just using corners I should see the bad effects as a
comb filter effect.  Will drop an example here if I can make something
sexy.

Rich

--- In  umashankar <> wrote:

> dear eric
>
> maybe i should be asking this on mic builders - but the thought just
struck me - what happens if one mounts two omnis on a thin plate,
facing opposite sides. (fitted through two holes drilled close to each
other.) would one still need a bass boost?