Re: Shure VP88 vs Sennheiser MKE44-p vs ???

Subject: Re: Shure VP88 vs Sennheiser MKE44-p vs ???
From: "lampmeister" lampmeister
Date: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:20 am (PDT)
Thanks everyone, some good helpful info here; appreciated.

I've crossed the Pearl off my list after reading about RFI problems on
other forums. I'm going to be using it in urban and rural settings and
the UK is getting so crowded with mobile phones and other RFI inducing
gadgets that I'm not willing to take the risk. Not at that price anyway.

I've also noticed that Rode has a newish model called the NT-6, which
is a small condensor. Maybe two of these would do the job and allow
for flexibility when needed, especially as you can get interchangeable
elements of different patterns?

http://www.rodemic.com/?pagename=3DProducts&product=3DNT6

It has the same element as used in the NT5 but in a different package.
I'll look into it.

Any other suggestions more than welcome!

Thanks y'all,

Dave.