Re: Faux Fur Group Order

Subject: Re: Faux Fur Group Order
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:43 pm (PDT)
Posted by: "John Hartog"

> I would like to go in for a couple yards on this order, but not
> without someone obtaining a sample first to confirm that this is
> indeed a suitable product. Has any one done this yet?

Black is far down my list of choices of colors, probably last, although
it would nudge out the lime green. A medium tan shade is my preference
and does not stand out that much, black would stand out far more.

Looking at the photos of their Shag product it looks like its a pretty
stiff fiber and crinkled irregularly. Not exactly what you want in a fur
windcover. The fibers may make noises moving against each other in the
wind. And the crinkle would make it tangle. I've seen fur like this in
the fabric shops and rejected it.

Their Fox line looks much more like what Rycote or Sennheiser supply.
Looks to be a finer and straight fiber. Take a look at the Dark Palamino
Fox, which from the photos of their standard colors would be my choice
even though it costs more. Only question I have there is does it have a
thick underfur, and what's the backing like.

Really do need to check out samples before doing a big order. Not all
fake fur is suitable and you pretty much have to check it out in person
to tell.