Re: NT4 Windshield as: Re, Babbling Brook or runny toilet?!?

Subject: Re: NT4 Windshield as: Re, Babbling Brook or runny toilet?!?
From: "Andrew Carter"
Date: Wed May 31, 2006 4:20 pm (PDT)
--- In  "tk7859" <> wrote:

> --- In  "cmursic" <cmursic@> wrote:
> >
> > Graham:
> > Regarding the Rode NT4...it is extremely sensitive to air currents.
>
>  I'm trying to figure out who makes a
> > proper wind shield for this mic that will fit over the
> > unconventionally-shaped mic head.  That's going to be my next
> > investment,

In the end I bought the Rycote modular system for my NT4 - I'd
resisted this due to cost, but my son wanted to borrow my recorder and
mic for some college work and so I gave in (being a soft touch!).
Results with it have been excellent - money well spent if you suffer
from a lack of spare time as well. If you do opt for this you will
need some non-standard o rings for the suspension - mine were thrown
in for free.
Andrew
Andrew