Re: ordering gear in Australia

Subject: Re: ordering gear in Australia
From: "cmursic"
Date: Wed May 31, 2006 7:06 pm (PDT)
Graham:
I just returned to the US after spending a little over 24 months
living in Sydney.  Now, I didn't ever order any expensive electronics
from the US, but we did order quite a few other items (my wife,
especially) and never had any troubles with the process whatsoever.  I
used my Westpac Mastercard and they never charged me any conversion or
transaction fees when purhcasing from overseas.  And none of the US
vendors had any qualms whatsoever in charging my Mastercard, even
though it was linked to an Aussie bank account (money is money, I
guess...).  On occasion the box would arrive on our doorstep with an
orange sticker applied by the Australian Customs service indicating
that they had opened and inspected the contents (maybe they though I
was running diamonds from South Africa or something) but nothing ever
went missing or was damaged.

Regards,
Caesar
(now living in Santa Fe and misssing my VBs, Tim Tams and driving on
the left)

--- In  Graham Evans <> wrote:

> An update on my progress in the forest sculpture walk/audio tours
> project is at the bottom of the email, but first my usual barrage of
> questions...
>
> I have been doing a far bit of looking for Australian suppliers for all
> the audio gear I'm pricing at the moment.  So my first question is -
are
> there any Australian gear suppliers that anyone on the list could
> recommend?  I recently priced AT3032s at $400AUD each from an
Australian