Re: Introduction and Transferring MD to Laptop

Subject: Re: Introduction and Transferring MD to Laptop
From: "Aaron Ximm" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:51:17 -0800
> This transfers via USB are for mono and stereo
> recordings recorded in  regular Minidiscs recordings?

Mono I'm not 100% sure about, but I would think almost certainly. It
supports "normal" MD (SP) for sure. I'm not sure about the "LP" modes
but I never use them anyway. :) Lots of info at minidisc.org btw.

I'm very curious to compare the files transfered from my JB920 via
SPDIF vs those transfered via USB from this unit and decompressed by
Sony's software! I hope they're bit identical but the decode algorithm
for ATRAC does vary... or at least, the final output after whatever
waveshaping it does.

 best,
 aaron

--