RE: Sound Devices 722 field report

Subject: RE: Sound Devices 722 field report
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:32:46 -0800
I second this report. I have just returned from the Yucatan peninsula taking
my 722 with the Telinga Stereo Dat mic and an MS system comprising of mkh/30
mkh/60.
Humidity was up to 90% at times and the recorder plus the mics stood the
test. One thing I will add here is I also took with me 2 Seagate 8.0 GB
microdrives. They are NOT compatible with the 722, they are slow in the
machine when writing to file, this is useless when after recording for say 5
minutes then hitting the stop button, when you are ready to record again you
receive a "slow warning" from the 722. It is in my experience better to use
compactflash cards at ALL TIMES.

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org
Redmond. Washington. USA
N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: