RE: Sound Devices 722 field report

Subject: RE: Sound Devices 722 field report
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:30:20 -0600
At 5:32 PM -0800 3/4/06, Martyn Stewart wrote:
<snip>
>  It is in my experience better to use
>compactflash cards at ALL TIMES.

Good to read these glowing reports.  There were hopes that the last
FW firmware upgrade would allow mirror recording to an external FW
drive, but I'm not aware that SD is recommending this as yet.  Of
course, one may record to both INT HD and CF. I often have to record
to _just_ the INT HD and I've never lost a file-- even under extreme
conditions.  Rob D.