Re: Caution! Tech Talk

Subject: Re: Caution! Tech Talk
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:14:02 -0000
Adobe Audition released version 2.0 this week.
The only thing addressed by this version of any benefit are for the
people recording many tracks, or high data rates, or need very low
latency.  Not a needed upgrade for stereo recordists at normal rates.

They gave a better engine to the program and now support ASIO drivers
which also are the driver of choice for many multitrack 24/96 recordists.

Recording with a dsp that has a 0 cpu load and using an external drive
for data also helps a lot.  I was able to record with my setup at 4
track 24/96 using a 233 mhz "junk" laptop but not with Audition version 1.

Rich