Re: super quiet recordings

Subject: Re: super quiet recordings
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:08:40 -0600
At 1:45 AM +0000 1/4/06, Steve Cox wrote:
>  I am interested in a mic that could withstand some extensive
>outdoor sessions and if your NT1-
>A's are doing well there I might have to lean that way.

The serial numbers of the excellent performing NT1-A's I have are
circa #21283. For reference, two mics I have with lower numbers #7734
and #6784 start sputtering after several hours in high humidity.
Covering a mic with an unlubricated condom is said to work very well
and might allow one to use the other models in high humidity.  I've
just located some unlubricated ones and hope to test this on the
NT2-A. Rob D.