RE: What do you record during the winter ?

Subject: RE: What do you record during the winter ?
From: Yannick Dauby <>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:45:29 +0100
Hello Alison,

> What opportunities for recording are available in France in the winter?

I was used to go walking in the Mediterranean Alps.
In winter, I often heard (sorry i don't know english names...) Parus
major and Parus cristatus. also Strix aluco and Bubo bubo.
Alway surprising also is the sound of Rupicapra rupicapra : almost
frightening when you are close to them, walking in snow...

But most of the time, in winter, I am recording sounds such as wind in
pine-trees, the sea, snow...

Hello John,

>One thing that's fun to record in winter is trees creaking in the
>wind.

Yes ! I also like it a lot.

Here is a recording made with two piezo discs attached to two trees...
http://kalerne.free.fr/piezo/trees.mp3

Friendly,

Yannick

    www.kalerne.net