RE: What do you record during the winter ?

Subject: RE: What do you record during the winter ?
From: "Alison Sheehey" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:10:09 -0800
Bonjour Yannick

The first snow has occurred in the mountains surrounding my home in south
central California's Sierra Nevada. Many of the mountain dwelling birds
retreat to the warmth of the valleys in winter. My favorite birds to
photograph (I have just begun to record) are the many winter only residents=
.

>Do you have favorite winter animal songs ? ;-)
White-crowned Sparrow, Common Loon, Eared Grebe, Williamson's Sapsucker, an=
of course the nocturnal resident's like the raccoon and Great-horned Owl.

>I was wondering what are you recording during the winter ?
There are over 125 species of birds that are common in winter, so the
choices are plenty. Of course not all birds sing in the winter, so I look
for them to hang around long enough into spring to start declaring their
territory. I am waiting to get my microphone for my little digital recorder=
,
so I can rig a parabola for it. For now I have just recorded ambient noises=
,
trying to record wind and make it sound like you hear is a challenge.

What opportunities for recording are available in France in the winter?

Ali

Alison Sheehey
P.O. Box 153
Weldon, CA
93283

760-378-2029
Nature Alley - http://natureali.org
Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.=20