Re: low voltage DC phantom (was new firmware for M-Audio Microtrac=

Subject: Re: low voltage DC phantom (was new firmware for M-Audio Microtrac=
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:26:00 -0600
k 2496

At 7:26 PM +0100 11/24/05,  wrote:
<snip>

>Klas, this is the reason why I would not over-estimate the bad results you
>got in your test on the MT2496 phantom power. At least the phantom power o=
>my own MT2496 is sufficiently clean for operating my phantom-powered (and
>balanced) K6P/ME66 microphone.
>
>Raimund

I can loan someone an Art Phantom II unit to test the extent of the
MT's internal phantom circuit on mic input noise if they have an
MicroTrack 24/96 and low-noise, phantom powered mics.  The Art and
Rolls units tested a couple of times as indistinguishable from the
722's internal phantom using NT1-A's. Contact me off list. Rob D.