Re: pmd660

Subject: Re: pmd660
From: "mike_rosenlof" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:52:55 -0000
The market that Doug Oade really markets to, and where he has a good
reputation, is taping live concerts.  I have one of his modified 660s.
 It came slightly later than expected, but we're talking days, not
even a week, and I'm very happy with the resulting device.

Given the loss of function in the modified unit, I'm very happy with
the way it performs.  There does appear to be some loss in sensitivity
to very low level sounds -- ticking clock level of quiet -- that might
be of concern in this group, but otherwise it works very well.

I have one Audio Technica 3032 that works very well with the modified
660.  It was usually too hot for the stock 660 unpadded.  For
cardoids, I use Audio Technica AE5100s and am happy with them.  I'll
probably get another 3032 after the new year.

--- In  "Ken Durling" <>