Re: pmd660

Subject: Re: pmd660
From: "Ken Durling" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 03:18:57 -0000
Thanks much Gene.  I poked around on their website and missed that.
So there are two mods - basic and advanced.

Thanks for the lead, I didn't  know about this company before.  I see
alot of products there - would it be safe to say, given their
speciality,  that if they carry it it's at least fairly well
recommended?  I see some pres there, and other items that interest me.
It woould be nice to treat it as a "trusted selection."

Ken=20

--- In  "Gene Dorcas"
<> wrote:

> Here's a cut-n-paste from the Oade Web:
>
> Advanced MOD
> The Advanced MOD is designed to optimize recording quality on the
660. It
> removes the line input, the internal mics as well as the limiter and
> Automatic Level Control from the system. It replaces more internal parts
> than the basic mod does in order to get the best signal quality
possible via
> the XLR inputs. The resulting sound is much more detailed and open
sounding,
> important for recording ambient sounds or other low amplitude sources in
> stereo as well as for mono voice recordings of the highest quality.
It also
> results in a significant reduction in the noise level and audible High
> Frequency problems otherwise present in the system. The XLR mic
inputs have
> an input overload point high enough to accommodate - 10dB (RCA type)
line