Re: 722 HiMD MicroTrack Test#2

Subject: Re: 722 HiMD MicroTrack Test#2
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:54:45 -0600
Makes me curious too. That's the reason I added the HiMD test again
following the nt1a->MP2 (0dB level, 600ohms) ->MT test. The line
input seems to be noisier than NT1A->Rolls->HiMD.  Maybe someone has
some thoughts about this?  Previously, I compared the NT1A->MP2
(-10dB level)->HiMD to the NT1A->Rolls>HiMD and the performance was
indistinguishable to me. To my ears, the added noise sounds like
regular preamp stage hiss but one would think that the balanced line
output from the MP2 to the balanced line in on the MT would be very
clean.  I was thinking of trying 2- MP2's or a RME QuadMic with the
Edirol R-4 for surround,.. but this makes me pause a bit.  Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department