questions

Subject: questions
From: "Ken Durling" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:21:26 -0000
I am going to infer from the lack of response that the ideas for
mounting the 183s put forth in the website I posted are an acceptable
starting point.  I'm a little unclear in my mind what effect on an
omni mic mounting it in a hole like that will have on its
directionality. I assume it will induce some.  Is it worth
experimenting with recessing or protruding it a bit?=20

Stopped by a pro audio store the other day and the salesman very
aggressivley tried to get me to forget about the minidisc approach.  I
was skeptical, having read so much here.  Comments? I don't have huge
amounts of budget for this.   What he did show me was a PMD-670, which
he said also comes in a 24/96 version which he didn't have.  Is anyone
using one of these?  It's twice as expensive as a MD, which gives me
pause, but maybe it's a way to go without the much larger expense of a
Sound Designs unit?=20

In the meantime I will continue to use my laptop/US-122 combo.
Incidentally he said the pres in the PMD-670 were a lot better than
the ones in the US-122 - do you think this is true?

Ken D
Berkeley, CA