Re: questions

Subject: Re: questions
From: "Ken Durling" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:16:17 -0000
Thanks, guys.  I rather suspected it was a subject that had been
covered a lot, not to say beat to death!  ;-) I will do some manual
searching in the archives, it will be worth it.  John - thanks for
another intersting mounting idea.  I can't quite tell from your photo
what you connected those Shure propietary (? do these have a name?)
connectors into.  From Curt's site it looks like he rewired his direct
to XLR?  Curt, thanks for the offer, I will probably have some
questions.  Over the weekend I already ordered some of those mesh
post-it holders for windscreens - great idea!  I'm thinking I will
mount the 183s into the hole with a crossed elastic band for shock
mounting.  Have you played around with the space around the mic, i.e.
the size of the mounting hole?  I could even imagine routing out a
small dish, but perhaps this would just create more interference than
enhancement.  I'll experiment.  Rob, I do use Eudora on my other
computer, so I could probably utilize that file.  I do wish Yahoo
would get their archive search together!=20

One more question for the group, if I do go the HiMD route, I won't be
able to use the pres in my US-122, since it's bus-powered.  Any
suggestions for decent-to-good quality mobile pres that don't cost an
arm and a leg?=20

best

Ken