RE: humidity and condoms

Subject: RE: humidity and condoms
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:09:14 -0800
>> I came across a discussion on the proweb list with several accounts
reporting that condoms work well against moisture and without huge
impact on sound quality. If this is true, why wouldn't one routinely
enclose mics before taking them into humid situations?  Klas, what
kind of impact on sound quality can one expect? Sensitivity? Tone?<<<

My experience with condoms is they make things less sensitive but the tone
remains the same :)

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org
Redmond. Washington. USA
N47.65543   W121.98428

e-mail:
Tel:    425-898-0462

Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat!

I came across a discussion on the proweb list with several accounts
reporting that condoms work well against moisture and without huge
impact on sound quality. If this is true, why wouldn't one routinely
enclose mics before taking them into humid situations?  Klas, what
kind of impact on sound quality can one expect? Sensitivity? Tone?
Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department