Re: MT2496 digital input

Subject: Re: MT2496 digital input
From: Gianni Pavan <>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:26:17 +0200
At 15.13 20/10/2005, you wrote:

>Hi Gianni,
>
>Very neat test, many thanks. From what you say, it
>would seem like the resampler is performing its own
>anti-alias, is that so?

yes, any resampler performs an anti-alias filtering before
downsampling to the final rate

>If that were the case, would
>the new sampling rate be specified in the digital
>input device's specs?

The digital resampling allows to produce a new digital stream
whatever sampling rate arrives to the input. Even when you don't need
it, as when you have a DAT output at 48k and want to save a file at
48k. It may happen that your DAT outputs 48013 samples/sec and then
the digital input resamples it exactly to 48000, or maybe to 47995!

>Also, I was wondering whether you have graphics
>depicting the resampled and non-resampled Nyquist
>signal?

I don't think to have saved the pictures... but next time I'll do
such a test I'll save everything!
Gianni

Gianni Pavan
Email
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universita' degli Studi di Pavia
Via Taramelli 24, 27100 PAVIA, ITALIA
Tel        +39-0382-987874
Fax        +39-02-700-32921