Re: Stable Handheld Portable Device was Core-Sound PDAudio

Subject: Re: Stable Handheld Portable Device was Core-Sound PDAudio
From: "Mark R." <>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:58:29 +0900
>USD:6,000 is insane!!!
 Where did you get that figure? It retails at samedaymusic for USD 700.00
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--MACONYX400F I think 700.00 is about th=
going rate these days for firewire interfaces. This was not my point though=
.
My point was the technology is there, just not small enough for professiona=
handheld nature recording at consumer prices yet.
 Best,
 Mark
   On 9/27/05, Jim Lee <> wrote:

> USD:6,000 is insane!!! I hope that even high end consumers will balk at
> this and let this puppy rot on the shelf. What could they possibly have
> inside (including development costs) to justify that kind of price tag.
> Ok, I just had to get that off my chest. Sorry.
> Jim Lee
>
> Tim Nielsen wrote:
>
> >Although the specs are still a bit prelimary, and it's going to be
> >hella expensive, check out:
> >
> >www.sonosax.com <http://www.sonosax.com/>
> >
> >You'll see their new mini recorder. It's going to support up to 8
> >tracks even, although I don't know if it requires an external mixer,
> >it sort of seems that way.
> >
> >But that thing looks neat.
> >
> >On Sep 26, 2005, at 8:02 PM, Mark R. wrote:
> >

> <<<snip>>>
>
> --
> Jim Lee - Bamboo Turtle Studio
> http://www.bambooturtle.com