Re: Stable Handheld Portable Device was Core-Sound PDAudio

Subject: Re: Stable Handheld Portable Device was Core-Sound PDAudio
From: Lou Judson <>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 07:42:55 -0700
I don't know what you have to deal with Windows, but with PTLE and Mbox
on Mac you have playback buffer settings, Max CPU percentage, and one
or two other things you can set in preferences and hardware setup
dialogs. Do you have those kind of settings in Windows? I'd imagine
that was what was asked, as PTLE with Mbox will crash or drop out of
record if these settings are not optimum. And you do record to a
different drive from the startup drive, don't you?

I am genuinely curious as Macs are all I know... With older OS 9 we had
to strip down the system to get PT to run reliably, but with the Unix
basis of OSX that is no longer neccessary. I can do writing or email
and web while PT is working - though it scares me to do so! I'm not
trying to debate or argue, just wondering what you do to run PT in
Windows.

Lou

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689