Re: noise

Subject: Re: noise
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:04:02 +0200
The capacitance of EM23 differs between 65 and 80 pf. This is why the
sensitivity differs between the samples.

If you want to build your own preamp for it, you can use the FET 2SK170.
Best case, you can get the noise down to 13 db(A).

To connect the EM23 to the FET, - best is to use a gold-plated HQ device of
some kind. You can solder directly on the gold plated outlet, but you have
to be good at it. No beginners work. The plastic will melt. After
soldering, seal possible air-intakes around the outlet with quick-glue.
Do NOT!! take the capsule apart!  You won't get the pieces back into
position again.

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.