Re: Opinion on Sony minidisk

Subject: Re: Opinion on Sony minidisk
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:06:38 -0000
I don't have the RH10 (yet), but at least with older MDs you start
recording and hit pause, thus rec/pause is standby and you just hit
pause again to resume recording. On my MZ-N707 it can remain in
rec/pause for many hours, through the night necessary, without
draining the battery much.
John Hartog

--- In  Con Slobodchikoff
<> wrote:
> I have just purchased a Sony Minidisc MZ-RH10 recorder, which I
intend to
> use with my Telinga microphone for recording prairie dog vocalizations,
> which happen unpredictably with sometimes a considerable amount of time
> between vocalization bouts. Does anyone know of a good way to keep the
> record function in a standby mode and then switch it on quickly when
there
> is a vocalization? By the time that I fumble with the play and record
> buttons, and check to make sure that the recorder is recording (I
find the
> rec button very awkward to use), the vocalization might be finished.
 The
> manual suggests that maybe the Synchro-recording mode might work,
but also
> says that the recorder shuts itself off automatically after 5
minutes of no
> sound input. I welcome any suggestions.
>
> Con Slobodchikoff
>
> At 11:07 PM 9/11/2005 +0900, Mark R. wrote:
> >  >I know Sony is a real pain with several aspects that is found in
MZ- N1
> > >and assume to be continued in the later models such as only one
chance
> > >of transferring recordings to the PC
> >
> >  >This is no longer an issue, as even your N1 will transfer as
many times to
> >PC with the new version of Sonic Stage 3.2.
> >  Hi David,
> >  My apologies, I didn't read this more thoroughly, your N1 is an
Net MD