Re: Sharp MD glitch

Subject: Re: Sharp MD glitch
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:03:38 -0700
Greg Weddig wrote:

>I had a similar problem with my Sharp MD which you fixed with a piece
>of tape that isolated the metallic sleeve of the 1/8" mini connector
>from the metallicized case of the MD recorder.

I remember the $100 piece of tape. I've checked on the MD-MT280E: the
case looks metallic but is entirely non-conductive. Even the screws
that hold the case to the frame aren't connected to each other!
(Weird, how do they manage that?) Also the mic connector when
inserted stands a little out from the case and doesn't touch it.

Oh well. They don't make them like they used to.

-Dan