Re: Death Valley Dawn

Subject: Re: Death Valley Dawn
From: Kevin J. Colver <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:56:55 -0700
Rich,
The wing rush certainly could have been a waterfowl if there were any
nearby.  Any large raptor including prairie falcon, red-tailed hawk,
golden eagle, Cooper's hawk, ect. are possibilities.  I have heard
ravens with their noisy flight sounds often enough in the desert, thus
my raven guess.
Kevin

On Saturday, July 9, 2005, at 05:48 PM, Rich Peet wrote:

> --- In  Kevin J. Colver <>
> wrote:
> > Walt,
> Thanks Kevin and there probably is no better one to id the western
> birds than you.
>
> On track one at 38 secs the only birds in my area that give the jet
> roar are ducks. Could this be a duck?
>
> A nother thing noted but not a critical finding is the noise floor
> level is a bit more than I would expect from a mkh even at a +60
> pre-amp level so I hope that there was a little amplification applied
> in post, otherwise a review of the record chain is needed.
>
> Rich Peet
> >
> > Here's my take on the birds:
> >
> > C1=A0 Black-throated Sparrow, Ash-throated flycatcher dawn song,
> distant
> > Rock Wren, ?Raven flyby
> > C2=A0 House Finch song, Black-throated Sparrow song, Mourning Dove,
> Rock
> > Wren in distance, crickets
> > C3=A0 Black-throated Sparrow, Mourning Dove, House Finch calls of group
> > or flock, Brown-headed Cowbird in distance
> > C4=A0 many House Finch calls, Mourning Dove, distant Say's Phoebe
> > C5=A0 House Finch calls again, distant Say's Phoebe, Black-throated
> > Sparrow, Mourning Dove.
> >
> > Always fun to give it a shot, thank you for sharing your sounds!
> >
> > Kevin Colver
> >

> "Microphones are not ears,
> Loudspeakers are not birds,
> A listening room is not nature."
> Klas Strandberg

<image.tiff>

> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
> +     =A0Visit your group "naturerecordists" on the web.
> =A0
> +     =A0To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> =
> =A0
> +     =A0Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>