recording owl vocalizations

Subject: recording owl vocalizations
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:57:05 -0400
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>

> Good grief!!!!
> I have to remember where I live; I forgot you don't know humour over here=
 or
> the irony of something!!
> I have never owned a gun, never will own a gun and never be part of a gun
> club!!!! I was bought up in a gun less society....................
>
> Does anybody remember what laughter is here or have we all got to be so
> bloody serious!!
>
> My statement was after reading "shooting owls" what the heck is wrong wit=
> people..... I will have to learn to shut up somehow.
>
> How sad

Think about this, our government has a department that has no humor at
all, and when they monitor the group, and we have to assume that sooner
or later they will, they will see such things as terrorist threats.

I'm sure the hunters, loggers, and country folk would not be too amused
either.

When you put something online, you have to assume everyone in the world
will read it.

How about let's stick to nature recording and not try and get folks
unhappy with us.