ANWR

Subject: ANWR
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:32:55 -0700
I have just gotten back from a trip to ANWR. I got back late Wednesday night
after a 5 day stint up there. I recorded some birds from my wish list that I
had hoped to encounter and was very pleased with the outcome.
This is the vocalization from a White-crowned sparrow.
http://www.naturesound.org/Sound%20Files/WCSP.mp3
Thousands of White-crowned sparrows, Golden-crowned sparrows, Lapland
longspurs grace the open tundra. I recorded much of the landscape in the
event of it being opened up for drilling (I pray not)

This is no my celestial home, I absolutely love it there, millions of
migrating birds on every corner you look, I was up from 3:30am everyday
going to bed at around 11:00pm. I must say I have been walking around now
like a headless chicken trying to get and catch up on my sleep.

One thing I will add is the recorder I used. The sound devices 722 is the
best recorder on this planet, I love its response and compliments all the
mics I have. In quiet environments like this, you don't hear noisy pre-amps
just your heart beating. The long battery power guarantees you will not be
let down and the back-up pack I had made by Leonard at sonic studio ensures
that I have nothing to worry about.

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org

N47.65543   W121.98428
Redmond. Washington. USA
Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat!