Bare witness

Subject: Bare witness
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:44:15 -0400
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>

> The amount of work I do as an environmentalist takes up half of my time, I
> love this planet more than my fellow man, I love the animals, plants and the
> very thing that keeps me alive. I detest man to the hilt when it comes to
> management of this earth, in fact, if I became terminally ill, I would
> personally go out and shoot as many hunters as I could muster up, I could go
> on forever but as acting moderator, I have been asked in the past to keep
> this group on the track of nature recording, I usually think that topics
> like this fizzle out and then we start talking about bloody attract and
> pre-amps. But sometimes, you can see the friction between certain postings
> then you have to step in and take away the ball

It would seem it's agreed that environmentalists can promote their ideas
and plans as much as they want in this group. What cannot be done is
question the validity of those ideas. It is saying that anybody who
promotes such a cause is therefore the worlds expert, beyond question,
and what they want to do is perfect. That is one of the major flaws in
environmentalism's behavior. Just because you like something does not
make you a expert on it.

We discuss and question statements about pieces of equipment to death,
far beyond what's necessary. Is environmentalism so unimportant that it
does not deserve the same level of thought? I think it does, but I sure
get the feeling I'm just about alone on that. Blind environmentalism,
uninformed environmentalism, environmentalism driven by emotion and not
informed thought is far, far more dangerous than all the hunters.

Note, because I choose not to respond to something someone says does not
say anything about my agreement or lack of agreement with them. Often it
means I simply see no point in continuing.