Re: no FAQ for a beginner?

Subject: Re: no FAQ for a beginner?
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:47:07 -0000
Ambience, species specific or target specific, video, personal
listening or detailed research, how mobile, how many channels,
commercial or hobby level, etc?

End use tailors the recommendations.  If there was a FAQ we as a group
probably wouldn't agree on much due to end use, budget, sex appeal,
etc issues. And it would be obsolete by the time it got put together.

Probably best to ask what is current recommendation under what current
budget for recording "this" type of stuff in "this" type of place.

Rich