Re: audacity

Subject: Re: audacity
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:38:47 -0000
With the suggestions here, I downloaded and reviewed Audacity.
It does appear very nice.

Has anyone checked the CPU load or bandwidth while recording in 2 or 4
tracks?
I am always looking for the lowest cpu usage multitrack recording
software I can get.  My DSP uses a big 0% cpu load.

The reason I care is for battery recording I want to scale the laptop
processor as slow as possible to avoid battery usage and prevent the
cooling fan from kicking in.

In the anticipation of no one having tested that, can anyone indicate
if the code looks efficient for recording in the XP version?

Rich