Re: no FAQ for a beginner?

Subject: Re: no FAQ for a beginner?
From: "Scott" <>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 00:02:39 -0000
Dan, you wrote:

"I need 'Nature Recording Equipment and Techniques 101'."

I totally am unable to provide any ideas concerning recording
equipment.  Indeed I'm watching closely the answers to this question
since your very thoughts have been upon my mind as well.

You see, while you describe yourself as a "beginner" I am not even
that advanced.  If anything I can only be described as a "wanna-be."

I can, however, just begin to make some vicarious recommendations
about recording techniques and I do so in the form of Dr. Murray
Schafer.  His book dating back to the 1970s, "The Soundscape: Our
Sonic Environment and the Tuning of the World" has been
mentioned 'umpteen' time on this and similar Groups.  There is a
reason for this.  It's tremendous!  I'm about 3/4 of the way into
it and find that I don't want to stop reading.  Please consider
adding a bit of acoustic theory to your endeavors.  Perhaps someday
I'll catch up to you in actual recording but right now I'm going to
sharpen up a bit on the theory.

Thanks for breaking the ice by asking your question. Basically I'm a
coward and can't wait to read the answers you receive from those "in
the know."

Scott / Tenere In Vividus Sonus / Keeping Sound Alive