Re: level setting

Subject: Re: level setting
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:11:05 -0000
--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:

> What's your mic array?

Another one of my projects.  I call it the "Cube Mic".
Photo here without a windscreen. Uses 4 mkh-110's
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/Cube1.JPG

bottom side while under construction at cube.jpg.

The sides are 14" which makes the mics 10" spaced between each of the
corners.

Image sounds very good.
If there is anything that qualifies for a patent about it then I claim
those rights.  For those that want to build and enjoy, do that.

I still am working to reduce some intermod carriers between these mics
as they do not like being back to back much.  All of these carriers
are below -80 db and above 10,000 cycles and very narrow.  I have
tried a number of techniques to reduce them but still working toward
another 15 db reduction.  I just can't go for 4 mkh-20's for this
project so have to find the answer.

If anyone wants to hear it and has an ability to work with 4 mono
mp3's I can post an example set.

Rich