Re: Location needed

Subject: Re: Location needed
From: "Volker Widmann" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:26:07 +0100
One of my favourites is Anhinga trail after dusk, you'll find many ibis there
sleeping on their trees, every now and then breaking out in a roar of
gabbering. I loved this. At nearby Gumbo-Limbo Trail you can find millions of
insects chirping away. Really overwhelming when recorded binaurally. Finally I
would recommend Mahogany hammock. There you should find owls nesting in THE
biggest mahogany tree just besides the boardwalk. I got some very impressive
owlcalls there.
I have no idea if this helps Martyn Stewart a lot as it's quite some way from
Orlando to the Everglades NP, but it is definitely worthwhile going there.
Generally I found these places quiet (in early January) about one hour after
sundown, as by then most park visitors will have left the park. I would
recommend insect protection, but no insecticides (unless you want to melt
plastic)
Anyway I whish him a wonderful weekend.

Volker