RE: Re: Seeking Low-cost Commercially Available Parabolic system

Subject: RE: Re: Seeking Low-cost Commercially Available Parabolic system
From: "Jerry Berrier" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:42:01 -0500
Hi Rich,

Well, you've got me thinking.
Two question.
What's the reason you would not recommend the parabola for someone who is
blind?  Certainly it's got to be more difficult to carry around than a
shotgun mic.

Second.  Perhaps I should buy a shotgun microphone instead.  Could that mic
later be paired with a parabolic dish, or must I use an omnidirectional mic
with the dish?