RE: Re: Seeking Low-cost Commercially Available Parabolic system

Subject: RE: Re: Seeking Low-cost Commercially Available Parabolic system
From: "Jerry Berrier" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:00:43 -0500
I just found the following.  Anybody have comments on this one?
SME PR-1000 Parabolic Microphone Reflector

SME PR-1 SHOWN WITH SENNHEISER ME62

The SME PR-1000 parabolic microphone reflector is designed to collect sound
falling on its surface to a focal point while supplying increased
sensitivity
and directionality as compared to a conventional shotgun microphone.

Environmental recordings, research and development situations, nature
studies and a myriad of other applications restricted only by the operator'=
imagination,
are prime uses for the SME PR-1000.

$395

Features
 manufactured by Saul Mineroff Electronics.
 18 inch (460mm) diameter precision parabolic reflectcor
 manufactured from gray epoxiated aluminum
 weighs approx. 2lbs (entirely equipped)
 comfortable grip handle (tripod mountable)
 increased directionality at both high and mid frequencies
 transparent focal view point at center of dish
 adjustable sliding microphone arm for best focal point setting
 rubberized plastic microphone holder helps absorbs sock
 can be carried on shoulder with supplied shoulder strap
 effective frequency response range: 300 Hz - 20,000 Hz
 recommended for use with Sennheiser ME62
 Directivity characteristics of the SME PR-1000