Re: Mic Terminology

Subject: Re: Mic Terminology
From: Jim Lee <>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:51:43 -0500
Martyn,

I do not know what you mean by suggesting that I intervene. I said what
I had to say, I stick by it, and I do not consider it "crap."  John has
made what I consider to be a constuctive statement. Since I made the
original post, I have gotten several off-list statements from people who
agree with me. They certainly to not consider it "crap."  They just
chose not to post to the list.

It may be the case that Europeans do not use the term in a perjorative
manner. Nevertheless, if it is now clear that for substantial members of
this community it is a slur, the better course of action is to avoid
it's use. That is all I have to say on the matter.

As for this weeks posting being full of  . . . . I doubt this will be
the case.

Respectfully
Jim

--