Re: Rode NT-4 homemade shockmount and zeppelin

Subject: Re: Rode NT-4 homemade shockmount and zeppelin
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:25:14 -0600
>  >I'm always looking for ways to improve micing mobility. If any one
>>has a favorite, inexpensive, shock-mount design for condenser mics,
>>please share it! Rob D.
>
>I like the method that Lyman Miller teaches. See:
>
>http://www.dandugan.com/downloads/652-Lyman's-mikes.jpg
>
>-Dan Dugan

Thanks. Elegant. I assume the clamp-like device used in the rear is
to fix the x-y angle. A mic as heavy as the NT-4 might require some
structrural reinforcement but this could be a simple as two narrow
bands cut from PVC pipe or one wider one postioned at the center of
gravity and used part of the mount.  Rob D.