Re: Windows Media Player 10

Subject: Re: Windows Media Player 10
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:56:40 -0700
Rich Peet wrote:

>For those with XP. Free upgrade on line.
>The new Windows Media Player 10 appears well worth spending some time
>with.

I don't find it in the Microsoft download area.

-Dan Dugan

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:27:32 2005
Message: 1
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:50:25 -0000
From: "John Hartog" <>
Subject: Re: Vaux's Swifts with wine and cheese

Just a quick follow up.

 I wrote:
> I'll ask around - there
> might be another site around that's better for recording.

Besides Chapman school, I found two other chimneys in
Portland where the swifts are currently congregating in large
numbers.  One at Duniway School in SE Portland and the other
in N Portland at a building apparently occupied by Mackin's Auto
Body.
The Duniway site is quieter, but the closest you can get to the
chimney enterance is about 70 feet.   The Mackin's auto body site
is better for recording because you can get fairly close to the
chimney entrance - about 30 feet.   However, there is a lot of
noise from cars and busses.
To find the site, look up 8026 N Denver Ave, 97217 - the address
for Mackin's Auto Body office.  The chimney is in a building
across the street to the north.  Maybe you could contact them and
gain access to  the roof: 503-289-9851.  Expect to be set up
before 6:30 pm to catch all the action.
I recorded them on sept 16th  using a telinga dish and a sony
ECM-MS907.  After filtering a lot of trafic noise the recording still
sounds kinda noisy. I will post a snippet when I return next week.
John hartog

<http://www.hevanet.com/rockscallop/040908_Vaux'sPartySwift.
> mp3>
> >
> > Is there this many people there as recorded all the time
john? I
> would love
> > to go down there and record this but not with that amount of
> noise
> > pollution.
> > Good recording anyway, gives the atmosphere of the place.
> >
> > Martyn
> >
> > Martyn Stewart
> > Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
> > http://www.naturesound.org
> > N47.65543   W121.98428
> > Redmond. Washington. USA
> > Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat!