Re: Re: Sony likes PCM for quality recordings

Subject: Re: Re: Sony likes PCM for quality recordings
From: Jeff Klatt <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
I've finally been catching up on some reading here and
was also really jostled by the fear that Hi-MD units
could not upload PCM files usefully.  It's good to
learn that there is hope for this issue via the new
software (supposedly) coming.  I agree - I can live
with the analog-only limitation, but was also looking
forward to converting in the field and recording to
Hi-MD via digital input.  I had even purchased some
gear with this in mind, not to mention pre-ordering a
Hi-MD unit.  Perhaps it is time to cancel the order
and wait to see what happens.

Jeff