Re: Marantz PMD 670 - Recorders that use Memory Cards

Subject: Re: Marantz PMD 670 - Recorders that use Memory Cards
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:12:43 -0000
You probably already know but,
FYI, 4 amp-hour 12v can be done with 10 NiMh sub C cells.

I charge them until uniformly hot with a discarded laptop power
supply brick. Laptop supplies operate fine even when shorted as they
are current limiting, mine is 2.2 amp, 18 volt.

For charging them off a car battery I use a car tail light bulb in
series with the batteries as a current limiter.  A 10 watt light bulb
changes brightness with current draw but can never pull more than 1.5
amps at 15 volts.

With NiMh you just do not want to exceed a charge rate over the total
current rating.  All the magic in exspensive chargers accomplish is
making it so you do not have to watch your batteries while you
charge.  Kind a like a automatic bread machine vs baking in an oven.

Rich Peet

--- In  "Dr. Bruce Wilson"
<> wrote:
I use a 4 amp-hour 12v lead acid battery for power.