Re: Sound files may now be posted in messages!

Subject: Re: Sound files may now be posted in messages!
From: Vicki Powys <>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:25:23 +1100
on 18/3/04 4:01 AM, Doug Von Gausig at  wrote:

> I have just changed the options on our group to allow attachment of sound
> files to group messages. If any of you objects strongly to this, please l=
et
> us know.

PLEASE NO ATTACHMENTS!!

1. "What is it" quiz-style USA sounds are of no interest to non-USA members
like myself, as we will most likely have no idea what the sound is.

2. Slow downloaders like myself suffer greatly with un-asked for
attachments.  I have only 10 hours per month internet access time, and
prefer to choose for myself how I spend that time.

3.  A few days away from the computer, and those unwanted attachments will
clog up email holding boxes then take forever to download, or even block
more important stuff.

4. I don't want the Digest version of postings.

5.  Why not continue with the 'chase-up if you choose' method of posting
sounds?  I probably check out about one in twenty of these sounds, but I
never check out the 'what-is-it' USA sounds.

Vicki Powys
Australia