Re: Head room and amplification after recording

Subject: Re: Head room and amplification after recording
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:33:25 EST
In a message dated 2/16/04 2:09:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
 writes:

> But you can also set it to less than 100%.  And with PEAK's excellent
> >facility for allowing you to undo any editing you have done (up to the
> point
> >where you do a 'save') you can try as many levels of normalising as you
> >like, until satisfied you have the best for your requirements/taste.
> >
> >(I imagine that there are other software packages that do something
> similar,
> >but PEAK is what runs on my Apple Mac.)

CoolEdit has the same ability. I normalize to 90% when I am getting
recordings ready for a publication. This gives me a starting standard and makes
most
cuts "listenable" without having to change the volume for each.

Best,

john
John V. Moore Nature Recordings