M-Audio Firewire 410 FS

Subject: M-Audio Firewire 410 FS
From: "Will Mitchell" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:03:42 -0800
Hi folks,

Please excuse my using the list as a personal marketplace, but I have a
piece of equipment for sale that I would rather offer to fellow nature
recordists before trying to brave the waters of Ebay and such.

I have a brand new M-Audio Firewire 410 interface for sale.  I purchased
it a couple of weeks ago for a project and it turns out that it won't
work for the application.
If you need a way to get audio in and out of a computer via firewire or
need a mic pre for laptop field recording, this might be the tool for
you.  It runs either off a wall wort or the internal battery on your
laptop.  My experiments showed me it can record 2- 3 hours on an iBook
with recording time shortened by use of phantom power and/or headphone
monitoring at a high volume. The mic pres are quiet and it can record at
high sample rates.

Please contact me if interested and with any questions.  I am asking
$350, including shipping. It comes in mint condition, in the box with
all software, cables and literature.
 Below are some links to give more info and specs on this unit.

http://www.m-audio.net/index.php?do=products.main
<http://www.m-audio.net/index.php?do=products.main&ID=5f35def5b4107998b1
1119907053a313> &ID=5f35def5b4107998b11119907053a313

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOFW410

Thanks,

Will