Good Enough

Subject: Good Enough
From: "Roger C Boughton" <>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:42:22 -0000
Dear All,

While I do not disagree with Walt re "good enough".  I have to point out th=
at there is a great need for somebody out there to maintain the best standa=
rds that it is possible to obtain.

If this means investing in equipment, so be it, as long as it is done wisel=
y and the person doing the investment has the skill to use it.

Accepting a lower than possible standard is an individual thing.  If you ar=
e happy with the lower standard, well ok, but in this world where there see=
ms to be a continual "dumming down " of quality for ease of use, it is good=
 to know that there is someone out there striving to get the very best qual=
ity recordings.

As for proving that quality over the internet, well forget it !!  unless th=
at is you have the system that can download a decent length 24/96 BWAV file=
 quickly.

Roger C Boughton